Sunday, March 20, 2011

Comic History Lesson - Calvin & Hobbes

I was once compared to Calvin, the little rascal in the cartoons by Bill Watterson. I adore these cartoons, and used to cut them from the paper every day and kept them in envelopes. I now buy the books and read them over and over again...no one has understood my love for it, yet have never read them. I think because maybe I am like Calvin (although I tend to talk to myself, not a stuffed tiger) and love the innocence and naivety (but ultimately his cynicism) he has...

Some people like Peanuts, others Footrot Flats - to each his own, but here are a few of my favourite samples from the endless laughs of a young boy and his toy...

If you haven't read it, please go out and get one of the books (Attack of the Deranged Mutant Killer Monster Snow Goons and Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat are classics). There is now a complete anthology showcasing every strip made...hmmm, $300 well spent on my birthday??? Katie?

No comments:

Post a Comment