Monday, February 21, 2011

Geek Zone - Coverage Solution

This applies only to New Zealand.

For as long as I have worked for Vodafone NZ, which is coming up seven years, I have never had coverage, or decent coverage to be able t complete a call. This has been more noticeable of late as both me and my wife have iPhones (me 4, her 3GS) which has particularly poor RF performance. This is not a slight on VFNZ, but the fact that where I have chosen to live.

My hero
This has now been sorted with Vodafone's new market offering, the Sure Signal. I received mine last Friday, along with a new Complete Router, and within a few hours had full coverage throughout my house, albeit only 2G, but that is better than a kick in the teeth as I barely receive 3G where I live anyway.

There are some conditions to this however - you are required to have a 3G handset and VFNZ DSL (with at least 1Mbps download).

There are two versions of the Sure Signal - the model I have (RRP$349.00) has a radius of about 20m, and can handle four users. There is an Enterprise model (RRP$as well which extends the coverage to 40m and can handle up to eight users.

No comments:

Post a Comment